Wednesday, March 14, 2007

I NEED A PENGUIN!!



we are here in oamaru...commonly known for being home to the northernmost penguin colony in the world. we have seen penguins (and seals and sea lions) twice now...once last night, here in oamaru, and again today, in moeraki. today we walked out onto a crazy windy peninsula where we found ourselves surrounded by seals, sea lions and yellow eyed penguins. i was in heaven. i am now totally obsessed with penguins and seals...i decided that the penguins love me (one stood next to me for 20 minutes...and crossed the fence that keeps people out and penguins in to be closer to me) and that i have to have one for my new york city apartment. i also want a seal, but i think they are too large to keep in the city. i have been contemplating how i will get my penguin home...more importantly, how i will get it past the flora and fauna check point at the airport. i think carry-on luggage would be most appropriate. wish me luck, and please view the penguin photos...

3 comments:

Zachary Minot said...

....a huge shout out to Ryan. Thanks for the lens-we wouldn't have these photos without it. Thanks again

Unknown said...

nina, eli wants one of those boulders so you're not going to have room in your carry on for a penguin. sorry, but eli really NEEDS one of those for his new house.

Ryan said...

Ace Ventura kept his pet penguin in the freezer.